We’re here to help
We are sorry… we know that losing a loved one is tough and managing their energy accounts is likely the furthest thing from your mind. We work hard to treat you with empathy and to make the managing of energy accounts of a deceased loved one as easy as possible.
When you notify us about the loss of a family member or friend that you are able to act on behalf of someone from our Team will be able to assist you to make the energy account changes required.
We can also provide access to Interpreter Services. If you require this assistance, please let us know.
What you would like to do with the account
You will need to decide what you would like to do with the account(s) of the deceased. Some of the options you will need to consider are:
- Are you authorised to request account changes, are you an existing joint account holder or the executor of the will?
- Are you requesting account closure and a final bill?
- If you would like the power off, when would you like it turned off? Will you need the power on for a period of time?
- Are there direct debit arrangements that need to be amended?
- Who is responsible for any outstanding financial amounts owing on the accounts?
- If a lawyer or third party is managing the estate please provide us with their contact details
- If you need to transfer the account(s) who will be responsible for any current or outstanding amounts?
- If the account is in credit, where should we direct this amount?
If you need to make arrangements for a deceased estate please get in contact by writing to us or calling us on 131 806.