Doing more with your solar
It’s never been easier or a better time to do more with your existing PV solar panels. Now you can link your solar system to a battery, to help power your home when the sun goes down.
We’ve partnered with Panasonic, and are proud to be one of the first retailers to be offering Australian households the ability to install and connect a lithium-ion home battery.
With a home battery storage solution you can:
- Use the energy your solar panels make during the day, in the evening
- Power a small appliance during a blackout with the included AC adaptor
- Reduce your reliance on the grid
The benefits of a lithium-ion battery
Lithium-ion batteries are found in all sorts of devices – power tools, notebook computers, tablets, mobile phones and electric cars. They have some distinct advantages over wet-cell lead acid batteries, such as:
- Unlike nickel batteries, re-charging a lithium-Ion battery at any time doesn’t impact how much energy it can continue to store.
- No regular maintenance required, unlike other battery technology.
- Lithium-ion batteries are much lighter than lead-acid batteries.
A Battery Home Solution
The Panasonic lithium-ion battery stores excess electricity generated from your solar panels during the day. A Panasonic lithium-ion battery allows you to use its full charged capacity when you need it. The battery stores 5.3kWh of electricity, with a 2kW rate of discharge to help you decrease your reliance on the grid when energy prices may be high. Each Panasonic lithium-ion battery comes with a 10 year product warranty and up to 10 year performance warranty.
Battery tech specs: Panasonic LJ-SK56A