If you need to reconnect or disconnect your property please call us on 131 806 Monday to Friday 8am–8:30pm, and 9am–5:30pm Saturday AEST/AEDT.
What is a Smart meter?
If you have a smart meter at your home we can reconnect or disconnect your power remotely for you. It will also provide meter reads daily, without the need for anyone to physically read the meter. You can read more about Smart meters here.
Reconnecting your power remotely
When you call us we need to ask you some questions to make sure it’s safe to reconnect the power:
- Do you know where the meter box or switchboard is?
- Do you have solar panels, a battery or similar equipment?
- Have you had, or is there going to be any electrical work being done on the house before we reconnect the power?
- Do you have any life support or medically required equipment?
- If you do have life support or medically required equipment, do you know how to reconnect it once the power is back on?
- Can you please confirm that there is no exposed wiring at the property?
- Is the mains switch turned off and are all electrical appliances switched off at the wall?
If a reconnection is organised more than 48 hours in advance, we will need to call you on the morning of your reconnection to confirm the above safety checks.
If you have life support equipment, we may need to send you some documentation to confirm the use and type of equipment.
If you have had, or will have, electrical work done since your power was disconnected you’ll need to provide a Certificate of Compliance – Electrical Work (CCEW). You should receive one from the electrician who did the work for you.
If your property has been disconnected for more than 6 months, we will ask for a ‘Remote Re-energisation Safety Statement’ that is less than 5 days old and has been obtained from a licensed electrician.
To reconnect or disconnect your power please call us on 131 806 Monday to Friday 8am–8:30pm, and 9am–5:30pm Saturday AEST/AEDT.
Disconnecting your power remotely
If you have a smart meter at your property we can disconnect your power remotely for you. You can read more about Smart meters here.
When you call us we need to ask you some questions to make sure it’s safe to disconnect the power:
- Are there lifts or exit doors that might be affected if we disconnect the power?
- Are there any other dangers or hazards if we disconnect the power?
- Is there any life support or medically required equipment at the property?
- Will any electrical work be done (started or finished) between now and the disconnection date?
To connect or disconnect your power please call us on 131 806 Monday to Friday 8am–8:30pm, and 9am–5:30pm Saturday AEST/AEDT.
Get your bill in your inbox instead of your letterbox. It's easy with us, make the change today.
Setting up Direct Debit is easy. Plus, with Red you won’t be charged any fees for paying by credit card.